Current information on the corona crisis in several languages
By social distancing, everyone can help protect the elderly and at-risk people from the coronavirus. This behavior will help to slow the spread of the virus so that health care systems are not overwhelmed. Politicians have announced measures to slow the spread of the virus and to lessen its economic impact. On this page, we list multilingual information on the corona crisis.
Find current information about the situation in Magdeburg on www.magdeburg.de/CoronavirusCovid19. It can be translated into several languages via ReadSeaker. Read here how to use ReadSpeaker.
Click here for general information provided by the German Federal Government in English (Englisch) | Türkçe (Türkisch) | Polski (Polnisch) | Français (Französisch) | Italiano (Italienisch) | ελληνικά (Griechisch) | Hrvatski (Kroatisch) | Română (Rumänisch) | Български (Bulgarisch) | فارسی (Persisch) | 中文语言 (Chinesisch) | عربي (Arabisch)
Current measures against coronavirus and exit restrictions in Saxony-Anhalt:
Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Integration of Saxony-Anhalt: FAQ on the Sixth SARS-CoV-2 containment regulation as at 27 Mai 2020, valid until 1 July 2020, and other subjects like the restart of school (machine translated)
Please note concerning the city of Magdeburg:
- The public health department has set up a hotline concerning the coronavirus, available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm at 0049 391 540 2000. E-Mails can be sent to email@example.com
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the foreigners‘ registration office (Ausländerbehörde) is closed from 19 March 2020 until further notice. Applications can be sent by post or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. From 27 April 2020 restricted access will be permitted for certain purposes of appointment. All requests are to be made in written form in the first instance. You will be given a date of appointment if necessary.
- Integration and language courses have restarted in some cases, depending on the capacities to ensure hygiene requirements. Please contact your course provider in case of doubt. DTZ and LID exams will take place from the middle of June. Click here for free online German courses.
- Face-to-face consultations in Jobcenter and Agentur für Arbeit Magdeburg will be resumed within the next weeks. You can still call the hotline, send letters, or use online tools to submit documents. For most urgent matters individual solutions will be provided.
- The social security and housing office is closed until further notice. Please contact the office by E-Mail (email@example.com) or telephone (0391 / 540 3670 and 0391 / 540 3671). The youth welfare office can be contacted by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Economic and social support in response to the corona crisis
- Parental allowance has been modified teporarily until 31 December 2020 in order to support families with small children during the crisis. Adaptations apply, for example, to parents with jobs of systemic importance and who receive short-time compensation or unemployment benefit due to the crisis. For further information please contact the social security and housing office at 0049 391 / 540 3670 or -71.
emergency aid for self-employed workers, freelancers and and smaller companies (Investitionsbank Sachsen-Anhalt)
- audio-podcast on measures taken by the federal government related to the coronavirus in several languages
- advisory services in English for small and medium-sized enterprises, self-employed persons and freelancers during the Corona pandemic regarding unemployment benefit, grant applications and short-time work (IQ Network Saxony-Anhalt)
Travel information concerning SARS-CoV-2:
- Federal measures to defeat COVID-19
- Employment law in Germany and coronavirus desease
- COVID-19 and mini-jobs
- Information on COVID-19 for people in youth welfare service and accomodation for refugees
- Podcast of chancelor Angela Merkel
- General questions and answers on COVID-19
- Top ten hygiene instructions
- Information on the pandemic appropriate for children
- Parent's information: When learning takes place at home