Current information on the corona crisis in several languages
Find current information about the situation in Magdeburg on www.magdeburg.de/CoronavirusCovid19. It can be translated into several languages via ReadSeaker. Read here how to use ReadSpeaker.
From 8 August 2020 persons entering Germany from an international risk area have to test for Covid-19 or provide an up-to-date negative test result and give additional informtion to the public health department of Magdeburg.
Travellers returning from risk areas may be obliged to stay in quarantine for 14 days. Quarantine can be ended if a valid negative test result, not older than 48 hours, is shown to the public health department.
Returning travelers without a negative test result are asked to get testet at a registered doctor or the Covid-19 testing center (Fieberambulanz), Brandenburger Straße 8, 39104 Magdeburg, as soon as possible an within 72 hours at the latest. The test result should be send to the public health department via Einreise-Risikogebiet@ga.magdeburg.de
If no test result is provided the public health department will order to take a test.
In case of doubts he public health department can be contacted via 0049 391 2000 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm).
=> Information on the designation of international risk areas (also available in English)
Click here for general information provided by the German Federal Government in English (Englisch) | Türkçe (Türkisch) | Polski (Polnisch) | Français (Französisch) | Italiano (Italienisch) | ελληνικά (Griechisch) | Hrvatski (Kroatisch) | Română (Rumänisch) | Български (Bulgarisch) | Magyar (Ungarisch) | دری (Dari) - فارسی (Farsi) | 中文语言 (Chinesisch) | Español (Spanisch) | عربي (Arabisch) | Tiếng Việt (Vietnamesisch) | Shqip (Albanisch) | Русский (Russisch) | ትግርኛ (Tigrinja) | Česky (Tschechisch)
Broshure "Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Information and practical advice" in several languages.
The Coronavirus warning app helps to determine wether any contact with an infected person has taken place which could result in catching the virus. This way, chains of infection can be interrupted more quickly. The app is a service by the Federal Government and it is available as a free download in the App Store an from Google Play. Download and use of the app are entirely voluntary.
Read descriptions in English (Englisch) | Türkçe (Türkisch) | Français (Französisch) | Italiano (Italienisch) | ελληνικά (Griechisch) | Hrvatski (Kroatisch) | Polski (Polnisch) | Română (Rumänisch) | Български (Bulgarisch) | Magyar (Ungarisch) | دری (Dari) - فارسی (Farsi) | 中文语言 (Chinesisch) | Español (Spanisch) | عربي (Arabisch) | Tiếng Việt (Vietnamesisch) | Shqip (Albanisch) | Русский (Russisch) | ትግርኛ (Tigrinja) | Česky (Tschechisch)
Current measures against coronavirus and exit restrictions in Saxony-Anhalt:
Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Integration of Saxony-Anhalt: FAQ on the 8th SARS-CoV-2 containment ordinance as at 17 September 2020, valid until 18 November 2020, and other subjects like the restart of school (machine translated)
Please note concerning the city of Magdeburg:
- The public health department has set up a hotline concerning the coronavirus, available from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm at 0049 391 540 2000. E-Mails can be sent to email@example.com.
Covid-19 Testing Center (Fieberambulanz): 0049 391 540 6036 or 0049 391 540 6001
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the foreigners‘ registration office (Ausländerbehörde) is closed from 19 March 2020 until further notice. Applications can be sent by post or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. From 27 April 2020 restricted access will be permitted for certain purposes of appointment. All requests are to be made in written form in the first instance. You will be given a date of appointment if necessary.
- Integration and language courses have restarted in most cases, depending on the capacities to ensure hygiene requirements. Please contact your course provider in case of doubt. DTZ and LID exams will take place from the middle of June. Click here for free online German courses.
- Urgent Face-to-face consultations in Jobcenter and Agentur für Arbeit Magdeburg have been resumed. You can still call the hotline, send letters, or use online tools to submit documents. For most urgent matters individual solutions will be provided. For further information see => Jobcenter => Agentur für Arbeit
- The social security and housing office has expanded its consultation hours for emergency cases from 6 July 2020. Please contact the office by E-Mail (email@example.com) or telephone (0049 391 540 3670 and 0049 391 540 3671). Appointments can be made only if appearance in person is required. Please attend alone if possible, keep minimum distance and wear a face mask for your appointment.
- The youth welfare office can be contacted by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0049 391 540 31945 or 0049 391 540 3105. Personal appointments are made only if matters cannot be settled by E-Mail oder telephone.
Economic and social support in response to the corona crisis
Parental allowance (Elterngeld) has been modified teporarily until 31 December 2020 in order to support families with small children during the crisis. Adaptations apply, for example, to parents with jobs of systemic importance and who receive short-time compensation or unemployment benefit due to the crisis. For further information please contact the social security and housing office at 0049 391 / 540 3670 or -71.
audio-podcast on measures taken by the federal government related to the coronavirus in several languages
advisory services in English for small and medium-sized enterprises, self-employed persons and freelancers during the Corona pandemic regarding unemployment benefit, grant applications and short-time work (IQ Network Saxony-Anhalt)
Travel information concerning SARS-CoV-2:
- Federal measures to defeat COVID-19
- Employment law in Germany and coronavirus desease
- COVID-19 and mini-jobs
- Information on COVID-19 for people in youth welfare service and accomodation for refugees
- Podcast of chancelor Angela Merkel
- General questions and answers on COVID-19
- Top ten hygiene instructions
- Information on the pandemic appropriate for children
- Parent's information: When learning takes place at home