How can I rent private accommodation, and what do I need to be aware of?
D115 Ihre Behördennummer

Once you have been issued with a residence permit, you are free to move into private accommodation. You can find information on searching for suitable accommodation here (Information sheet about 'Housing') and on sourcing furniture, clothing and household goods here (Information sheet about 'Furniture, clothes and household items').

The Social Welfare and Housing Agency of the City of Magdeburg, the Caritas association of the diocese of Magdeburg, and a number of the city’s housing associations have produced a guide for migrant tenants, which provides a summary of the general rules and regulations governing the use of rented accommodation in Germany.