Current information on the corona crisis in several languages
By social distancing, everyone can help protect the elderly and at-risk people from the coronavirus. This behavior will help to slow the spread of the virus so that health care systems are not overwhelmed. Politicians have announced measures to slow the spread of the virus and to lessen its economic impact. On this page, we list multilingual information on the corona crisis.
Find current information about the situation in Magdeburg on www.magdeburg.de/CoronavirusCovid19. It can be translated into several languages via ReadSeaker. Read here how to use ReadSpeaker.
Click here for general information provided by the German Federal Government in English (Englisch) | Türkçe (Türkisch) | Polski (Polnisch) | Français (Französisch) | Italiano (Italienisch) | ελληνικά (Griechisch) | Hrvatski (Kroatisch) | Română (Rumänisch) | Български (Bulgarisch) | Magyar (Ungarisch) | دری (Dari) - فارسی (Farsi) | 中文语言 (Chinesisch) | Español (Spanisch) | عربي (Arabisch) | Tiếng Việt (Vietnamesisch) | Shqip (Albanisch) | Русский (Russisch) | ትግርኛ (Tigrinja) | Česky (Tschechisch)
|The Coronavirus warning app helps to determine wether any contact with an infected person has taken place which could result in catching the virus. This way, chains of infection can be interrupted more quickly. The app is a service by the Federal Government and it is available as a free download in the App Store an from Google Play. Download and use of the app are entirely voluntary.
Read descriptions in English (Englisch) | Türkçe (Türkisch) | Français (Französisch) | Italiano (Italienisch) | ελληνικά (Griechisch) | Hrvatski (Kroatisch) | Polski (Polnisch) | Română (Rumänisch) | Български (Bulgarisch) | Magyar (Ungarisch) | دری (Dari) - فارسی (Farsi) | 中文语言 (Chinesisch) | Español (Spanisch) | عربي (Arabisch) | Tiếng Việt (Vietnamesisch) | Shqip (Albanisch) | Русский (Russisch) | ትግርኛ (Tigrinja) | Česky (Tschechisch)
Current measures against coronavirus and exit restrictions in Saxony-Anhalt:
Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Integration of Saxony-Anhalt: FAQ on the Seventh SARS-CoV-2 containment regulation as at 3 July 2020, valid until 16 September 2020, and other subjects like the restart of school (machine translated)
Please note concerning the city of Magdeburg:
- The public health department has set up a hotline concerning the coronavirus, available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm at 0049 391 540 2000. E-Mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the foreigners‘ registration office (Ausländerbehörde) is closed from 19 March 2020 until further notice. Applications can be sent by post or by e-mail to email@example.com. From 27 April 2020 restricted access will be permitted for certain purposes of appointment. All requests are to be made in written form in the first instance. You will be given a date of appointment if necessary.
- Integration and language courses have restarted in some cases, depending on the capacities to ensure hygiene requirements. Please contact your course provider in case of doubt. DTZ and LID exams will take place from the middle of June. Click here for free online German courses.
- Face-to-face consultations in Jobcenter and Agentur für Arbeit Magdeburg will be resumed within the next weeks. You can still call the hotline, send letters, or use online tools to submit documents. For most urgent matters individual solutions will be provided.
- The social security and housing office has expanded its consultation hours for emergency cases from 6 July 2020. Please contact the office by E-Mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (0391 / 540 3670 and 0391 / 540 3671). Appointments can be made only if appearance in person is required. Please attend alone if possible, keep minimum distance and wear a face mask for your appointment.
- The youth welfare office can be contacted by E-Mail: email@example.com or 0391/ 540 3199. Personal appointments are made only if matters cannot be settled by E-Mail oder telephone.
Economic and social support in response to the corona crisis
- Parental allowance has been modified teporarily until 31 December 2020 in order to support families with small children during the crisis. Adaptations apply, for example, to parents with jobs of systemic importance and who receive short-time compensation or unemployment benefit due to the crisis. For further information please contact the social security and housing office at 0049 391 / 540 3670 or -71.
- audio-podcast on measures taken by the federal government related to the coronavirus in several languages
- advisory services in English for small and medium-sized enterprises, self-employed persons and freelancers during the Corona pandemic regarding unemployment benefit, grant applications and short-time work (IQ Network Saxony-Anhalt)
Travel information concerning SARS-CoV-2:
- Federal measures to defeat COVID-19
- Employment law in Germany and coronavirus desease
- COVID-19 and mini-jobs
- Information on COVID-19 for people in youth welfare service and accomodation for refugees
- Podcast of chancelor Angela Merkel
- General questions and answers on COVID-19
- Top ten hygiene instructions
- Information on the pandemic appropriate for children
- Parent's information: When learning takes place at home