Travel information concerning COVID-19
Further information by the federal Ministry of Health in Deutsch, English, عربي (Arabisch), Български (Bulgarisch), 中文语言 (Chinesisch), Français (Französisch), Polski (Polnisch), Română (Rumänisch), Русский (Russisch) and more languages
Travellers returning from a region at risk are obliged to stay in quarantine for 10 days. They are asked to observe the following rules:
- Go home directly after your entry in Germany. Stay under quarantine for 10 days and contact your local public health department (phone: 0391/540 2000 or by email: Einreise-Risikogebiet@ga.magdeburg.de)
- If you stayed in a region an risk during 10 days before your entry in Germany, you have to register under www.einreiseanmeldung.de for your return.
- Persons who have stayed in regions with particularly high numbers of cases (high incidence areas) and regions in which virus variants of concern have spread (areas of variant of concern) in the 10 days prior to entry are particularly obliged to carry proof (negative test result or corresponding medical certificate) confirming the absence of infection with the SARSCoV-2 coronavirus upon entry in Germany. This test must have been carried out at the earliest 48 hours before entry.
- Current list by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) of regions at risk, high incidence areas and areas of variant of concern (also available in English)
- The public health department might ask you to submit a negative test result within 10 days after your return to Germany
- Quarantine might be ended only after 5 days if your test was negative.
- Depending on the duration and reason for the stay abroad, commuters do not need to stay in quarantine. A confirmation by the employer is necessary. Exceptions for family reasons are also intended. In case of doubt please contact the local health department.
Short film: Back from a risk area, an area with a high number of cases or virus strains?
© Die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Migration, Flüchtlinge und Integration