The following applies to all payments:
- Students enrolled before the winter term 2000 are excluded from payment of the special grant.
- Students must have registered their main place of residence in Magdeburg no earlier than six months before the beginning of their studies.
- Für die Dauer von zwei Jahren darf der Hauptwohnsitz und das Studium nicht unterbrochen werden. To receive the grant, students must have their main place of residence registered in Magdeburg, and study for an uninterrupted period of 2 years.
! Since the bonus is meant for staying, deregistration of the main residence before the expiration of the subsidised period of time implies that the amount must be refunded!
- At the start of a new term, the mobile Citizens Office (Mobile BürgerBüro) will come to the two universities giving you an excellent opportunity to directly register your main place of residence in Magdeburg. It is therefore not necessary for you to visit the Citizens Office in town which will save you time and effort.
- You do not need to pay taxes on your secondary place of residence.
- The passport and registration office is close to your place of study and easily accessible for the issuance of documents and provision of other services.
- You can exercise your right to vote directly at your place of study.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly staff at the Citizens Offices.
This information is also available in German, French and Spanish:
Cash for stay and study - Special grant application for magdeburg students (pdf-file) [PDF: 468 KB]