Walloon Church

Hilfsnavigation

Servicenavigation und Sprachauswahl

Twitter Facebook Youtube RSS

Hauptnavigation

BürgerService

Bürger Service kebox Ihre Behördenrufnummer 115

Veranstaltungen

Terminsuche

Schnellkontakt

Foren


FavoritenAktuelle Seite zu eigenen Favoriten hinzufügen
Imagefilm

Postkarte zum Imagefilm

Externer Link: einkaufen in Magdeburg

 

Externer Link: helpto

 

Inhalt

Walloon Church

  
Walloon ChurchThe Walloon Church was part of a monastery founded by Augustinian monks in 1285 near the Elbe river. The monastery was abandoned by the monks during the Reformation period. In 1694, the church building was handed over to the Walloon reformed congregation and has been referred to as Walloon Church ever since. It was destroyed during an air raid in the Second World War. Reconstruction work began in 1967 and today the southern side-aisle is home to the famous Telemann Bell which was cast by the Magdeburg craftsman Jacob Wentzel in 1683 and first belonged to the Holy Ghost Church. The bell shows a crucifix and a pigeon, both symbols of the Holy Ghost, and it is engraved with the names of parish priests, church fathers and church elders. 

- Partner -
Stadtsparkasse Magdeburg
Stadtwerke Magdeburg
WOBAU - Wohnen in Magdeburg
Schünemann Heizung-Sanitär
- Anzeigen -
wg 1893
Magdeburger Verkehrsbetriebe
Spreewald Therme und Spreewald Thermen Hotel