Otto-von-Guericke-Museum Lukasklause
Hilfsnavigation
Twitter Facebook Youtube RSS

Sprachauswahl

Volltextsuche
  • Header Erholung an der Elbe
  • Header Kultur Ein Käfig voller Narren
  • Header otto ist bunt - Motiv Max Grimm
  • Header otto baut vielfältig
  • Header otto verbindet
  • Header otto ist groß
  • Header otto ist gesellig
  • Header Marathon
  • Header otto liebt Fußball
Seiteninhalt

Otto-von-Guericke-Museum Lukasklause

  

Lukasklause

The Welsche Turm, a tower which forms part of the Lukasklause building of today, was mentioned for the first time in 1279 in an official document, the so-called Schöppenchronik. For a long time the tower belonged to the medieval city wall. It was partially destroyed when General Pappenheim's army invaded Magdeburg in 1631 during the Thirty Year War. Under Swedish patronage, however, the engineer Otto von Guericke was entrusted with the reconstruction of the fortress installations, the bridges over the river Elbe and also the tower which was meant to become a bastion.

In 1900, the St. Lukas art society took over the building, extended the tower and added another building. Since 1904 it has been known as the Lukasklause in honour of the patron of painters St. Lukas.
Since 29th June 1995, the Lukasklause hosts the Otto von Guericke Museum
which is taken care of by the Otto-von-Guericke-Gesellschaft e. V., the Otto von Guericke Society. Today the tower still impresses its visitors with the following facts: It is 21.70m high and 11.42m wide and the walls of the ground floor are as thick as 1.42m.

The Lukasklause is located directly next to the Elberadweg cycle path. On the occasion of the 3rd Elbe Cycle Day on 8th May 2005, an information point and resting place was opened at the Lukasklause. A stop for cyclists in front of a museum dedicated to the inventor of the air pump, fancy that! In addition, special stands are installed where you can lock up your bicycle.

On the banks of the river Elbe next to the Lukasklause a landing stage for sports boats has been added which allows water sport enthusiasts to dock safely before enjoying a visit to the Lukasklause.

Tip of advice:
Public guided tours:
Fridays at 2pm, free guided tour and hands-on experiments

Guided tours for groups by prior arrangement:
Otto-von-Guericke-Gesellschaft e.V.,
Zschokkestr.
32
39104 Magdeburg, Germany
Telephone: +49(0)391 / 6 71 69 87 (Ms Winkler)

 
More Information:

Permanent Exhibition:

 

   

Wie ist das Wetter?

01d
10 °C
Wind
9 km/h
Luftfeuchte
89%
Luftdruck
1031 hPa
Niederschlag
---
Sonnenaufgang
07:00 Uhr
Sonnenuntergang
19:38 Uhr
Stand: 26.03.2017 14:45 Uhr
Output erzeugt: 26.03.2017 14:45:06

BürgerService

Ihre Behördenrufnummer 115Bürger Service keboxTerminvergabeButton Stellenmarkt

Veranstaltungen

Terminsuche
 

Schnellkontakt

Foren

Imagefilm

Postkarte zum Imagefilm

Externer Link: einkaufen in Magdeburg

Externer Link: helpto

Telemann-Blog_Webstart

FavoritenAktuelle Seite zu eigenen Favoriten hinzufügen

- Partner -
Stadtsparkasse Magdeburg
Stadtwerke Magdeburg
WOBAU - Wohnen in Magdeburg
Schünemann Heizung-Sanitär
- Anzeigen -
Arbeitsvermittlung Magdeburg
SKL Industrieverwaltung
Spreewald Therme und Spreewald Thermen Hotel